7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2014 1:37 PM by Robert Stemen

Problem with Benchmark Performance Test

Robert Stemen

hello,

I am trying to run the benchmark test and it does run  but it requires me to activate my product on each of the 5 times it runs the test.  I beleive this is causing my results to be slower than they really are.

Does anyone know how  to fix this?  I'm running SW 2013.

thanks

Robert

• Re: Problem with Benchmark Performance Test
          Luke Wyma

Did anyone ever find a solution for Robert's issue? I just discovered today that I have the same problem. I've never run the benchmark in SW2013 before so I don't know if it was always this way since first install or not.

Mine also requires re-activation on each test cycle and it seems to be in a different part of the test each time. Odd.

Jeff Niederman

Hi Robert, Luke,

There is an issue if you have both SolidWorks and PhotoView360 installed, but you are licensed for only SolidWorks.  In each of the 5 passes of ther test, the benchmark wants to add-in PhotoView360 to test "Render".  When that adds in, you get a prompt to activate and the benchmark waits for you to reactivate.  Of course, re-activating probably won't license you for PhotoView 360 unless you purchased it since you last activated, so the render test gets messed up and it will prompt you again the for the next pass.

This is a flaw in the benchmark tool, which is reported under SPR 587293.  Please report it to your reseller if the scenario above matches yours.  To avoid the problem, modify your installation to remove PhotoView360.  If the add-in is not available, the benchmark won't try to run the render test.

Jeff

Fred Broekhuizen

Hi Jeff,

I have the same issue on two different systems with SolidWorks Standard 2014. Both don't have PhotoView 360 or any other extra modules installed. Not even SolidWorks Explorer.

Jeff Niederman

Hi Fred,

Is it only prompting for activation when it gets to the render test or is it prompting right away?

I'd expect the prompt if you've never acticated SolidWorks since that happens every time you start SolidWorks until you activate.

If it's only prompting when it gets to the render test, then I'd only expect that if you've installed PhotoView360, but you do not have a license for it.

PhotoView360 might install itself, depening on your installed history.  A quick check is to look at your add-ins list under Tools-> Add-ins.  If you see PhotoView360 in the list, that could be tripping up the benchmark into thinking that the add-in is somehow available.  You can modify your installation and de-select it.

If you don't see PhotoView360 in the add-ins list or you can't modify your install to remove it, then there is a problem which you should report to your reseller.  The benchmark should not be attempting the render test if PhotoView360 is not installed.

Thanks,

Jeff

Robert Stemen

Jeff,

Sorry for my late reply.  The test starts off with no problems.  It only prompts when it gets to the carrier rendering.

I only have the Standard SW version so I do not have the rendering package.  I checked my add-ins and there is nothing showing PhotoView.  Does that mean PhotoView, for sure, is not installed? 

Sound like a reseller issue?

Robert