AnsweredAssumed Answered

Issue rendering an animation through photoview and a motion study.

Question asked by Craig Leaning on Feb 28, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 28, 2013 by Rob Rodríguez

Hello,

 

I am having problems rendering an animation from motionstudy using photoview 360.

 

I am using Solidworks 2013  64bit, my computer specs are :-

 

INTEL XEON E5620 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPU)

6GB RAM

Nvidia quadro 2000

With plenty of hard drive space available.

 

The main problem I am having is that the computer runs out of memory when I reach around 160 frames.  This means I cannot render an animation longer than 160 frames long, which is an issue considering the animation I want to render is 69 seconds, which at 30fps equals 2070 frames!

 

Given that I cannot render the animation in one go, I figured I could render it in parts and then piece it together using video editing software.  So, I set the first part of the animation to render seconds 0-3 and then the next part to render seconds from 3-6, then 6-9.  Before I spent too much time doing this, I tested it with just these 3 clips.  There is however an obvious ‘jump’ or ‘glitch’ where one part ends and the other begins, almost as if the camera has jolted position.  All the resolutions are the same, the frame rate is the same, I have used the exact same settings for each clip in the animation.

 

I believe the issue stems from the fact I have to render the clips in seconds, meaning I am not getting an accurate end frame and start frame for each clip.  For example, it would be much better for me if I could render frames 0-150, 151-300, 301-450 etc etc.  But I can’t see any way of doing this.  On further inspection, it seems that if I render from 0-2 seconds, it actually renders from 0-2.02seconds.  It could be to do with the frame rate I believe?  Since at 30fps for 2 seconds would equal 60 frames, but for some reason it renders 61 frames, I’m not sure where this extra frame is coming from, or why it renders it.  I have tried to get around that, by rendering 0-1.95 seconds for the first clip and then 2-3.95 on the second.  But the jump between the clips when joined is still apparent.

 

I have been trying to get around this problem for a couple of days now, I also tried rendering in the form of image sequence, but the memory error still persists.  The problems I have demonstrated here only occur when rendering the animation using photoview, there are no problems if I make an animation video using just solidworks, however I require to use photoview 360 for this particular animation. 

Cheers

Outcomes