Here is a part with sweep features that I hope gets fixed. 3 similar but different helical sweeps and 3 different results (red, green, yellow).
* Which is the most accurate???
* Need better control of helix parameters
* Need better control of thread retraction helix to match actual machining/molding form
* Need better speed and stability, some helix sweep features with a high number of turns take too long or never regenerate
* Resulting sweeped feature needs to be accurate and predictable - currently they are not
The sample part file I uploaded is not proprietary so use it as needed or if you prefer I can attach it to email. I'd be interested if anyone has any different methods for creating helical features that don't slow down the part file to a crawl.
ThreadCutTest.SLDPRT.zip 1.1 MB