I am trying to create a costing template. Below is what the Help files have for instructions.
"You can create new machined part templates for use with the Costing tool.
- In a machined part, click Costing (Tools toolbar) or .
- In the Costing Task Pane, under Machining Template, click Launch Template Editor.
- In the Costing Template Editor, click New .
- In the New Costing Template dialog box, click Template for machined parts , then click OK.
- Enter data on the Stock Material screen. You cannot save the template until you enter data on the Stock Material screen.
- Enter data on the General, Cut (Plate Stock), Mill, Drill, Library Features, and Custom screens as necessary.
- Click Save .
- In the Save As dialog box, for File name, type a template name and click Save.
- Close the Costing Template Editor."
Step 6 is where I am being thwarted. I am trying to put data into the Operations section of the template, but when I look at the menu on the left the word Operations is gray, not black, and when I try to define things on the "Cut(Plate Stock)" page I can type machine names into the section where they go and assign costs for the machines and labor, but I am not allowed to select a default machine for a selected material. I can click the save icon until my fingers fall off, but if I switch pages and then come back all lof the machine information I entered is gone. If I go down to the "Filters" section and click on "Machine", the only word shown in the drop-down menu is "Select Machine", and not a choice between any of the machines I've listed for cutting material. There are quite a few other problems on other pages in the Operations section, and it leaves me wondering where I'm going wrong. Right now I have so many questions on how to make this feature work for me I am at a loss where to begin.