2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2013 11:10 AM by Will Jaffray

Restructure assembly files and references

Will Jaffray

I would like to move an entire assembly to a different part of my server. When I use the pack and go function, it maintains a long line of parent folders that contain nothing but the subsequent folder. I don't want to flatten the structure, but I would like to simplify the folder tree. Is there a way to do this without breaking references?

Thanks!

• Re: Restructure assembly files and references
          Kieran Choy

When you choose not to flatten the structure, for some reasone pack and go will include all folders right back to the root directory.

So if the top-level SLDASM file is in D:\Projects\123-456\SolidWorks, you will get all of these folders recreated in the zip or moved directory.

It is safe to remove the folders above the top-level SLDASM files - in this case you only need to maintain the contents of the SolidWorks folders and can ignore or remove the Projects and 123-456 folders.

Alternatively, when you Pack and Go, in the main window you can double-click in the cell listing each file's Save To Folder cell and specify a new directory.  Using the Select/Replace button will also save you a bunch of time. So you can choose to flatten, which removes the higher level folders, but then recreate the sub-folder structure, or move or rename files or folders all in one go.