3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2013 4:29 PM by Artem Taturevych

eDrawings / API question

Peter Rimkus

Hello,

We develop a Gold Partner addin, and a request came to us asking if it's possible to save to an eDrawing the additional display that we add to the SW window when our addin is loaded (3D CAM "toolpath" data).

I'm tending to think the answer is no, but it's worth a shot.

Likewise, we produce a standalone version of our product...how would we begin to go about developing a tool so that we can be included among the SolidWorks eDrawings Publishers like Catia and AutoCAD?

Thanks in advance,

Pete Rimkus

CNC Software, Inc.

• Re: eDrawings / API question
          Artem Taturevych

First question is 'NO'. eDrawings is just a viewer of display and meta data. So it is quite limited in the functionality.

What about the second question. If I correctly understand you like to add your own format to eDrawings supported formats, is that correct? If so I think you should work with SolidWorks directly because this integration should be implemented internally in the eDrawings.

Regards,

Artem Taturevych

Application Engineer at Intercad

http://intercad.com.au/

Tel: +61 2 9454 4444

• Re: eDrawings / API question
              Peter Rimkus

Thanks Artem...

I did expect the 1st answer to be 'no'...thanks for validating that.

Now, about the 2nd question....yes - you are correct ...that's what I'd like to do. There's no indication in the eDrawings API telling how to go about doing this, but I'll ping who I can at SW to see if I can get some answers.

Thanks again,

Pete