1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 26, 2013 9:19 AM by Charles Culp

After inserting a part into a thickened surface part, existing features fail.

John Pepper

I imported a bone surface, thickened to a filled volume. Made a series of cuts. It all works well.

Inserted a part, did a combine. Many of the Features fail. I deleted the inserted part and combine feature, but my features wont work.

I suspect the combine feature is as fault. Is this common? How do I fix? Thanks.

Here is a screen shot. I would need to pull out lots of data before I can upload .prt file.

• Re: After inserting a part into a thickened surface part, existing features fail.
          Charles Culp

John,

Later features cannot cause earlier features to fail. If earlier features fail, that is because SolidWorks did a "full rebuild" and found errors. Sometimes when adding new features, SolidWorks does not properly account for changes or paramters of existing geometry correctly. It helps, every once in a while, to do a CTRL-Q rebuild. In your instance, I would also temporarily turn on Tools>Options>System Options>Performance>Verification on Rebuild. Then, do a CTRL-Q rebuild. After, remember to turn verification on rebuild back off.

This will rebuild the entire model with advanced face/body checking, which will make sure you have a good model.

Also, make sure you ran import diagnostics on the imported surface. You can do this by right-clicking on the imported surface, and chosing Import Diagnostics.