AnsweredAssumed Answered

2012 Enterprise PDM Archive Server Remove Security Group

Question asked by Larry Knight on Feb 13, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 14, 2013 by Faur Arama

I am running SolidWorks Enteprise PDM Archive Server Version 12.4

Under Tools > Default Settings > Security Tab > There are two Security Group Boxes. One is for Administrative Access, and the other is for Attach Access. I can easily add additional security groups.

However, this is my problem. I was asked to rename an AD Security Group to a shorter name. I have been able to remove it fine in other area's of EPDM, but for some reason, I am unable to remove this security group from Administrative Access AND Attach Access. I have other Security Groups that give enough permissions, and I am logged in as the Admin.

I am getting the message "Failed to look up the account name 'MY AD SECURITY GROUP'.

My guess that, the screen is performing a check to see if that group exsists before removing it, and thus as I have renamed the group it will not let me remove it. I am guessing that I will have to recreate the group and then it will let me remove it.

I was just wondering if anyone else had any other approaches to removing this AD Security Group from the SolidWorks Archive Default settings.

Thanks.

Outcomes