2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2013 11:46 AM by Steven Pybus

Attached; Missing Information. Cannot seem to track down my vault view.

Steven Pybus

Evening all,

I have been thrown into ePDM Administration. So far I have not had too much of an issue regarding getting two remote sites replicating (Very minimal). After some testing on my personal PC (using client viewer NOT on a server) i seem to have lost my main Vault Viewer.

In the Administration console (logged in as admin) i can expand my vault and even see Archive information and mess with other settings and such. However, whenever i right click the vault and hit "Explore" i get an error as follows;

"Could not open the folder 'C:\EPDM_Vault\'.

The specified file was not found."

I figured i can go back into "View Setup" and add that vault again. So i go through the Wizard and for my server name i choose the remote Archive server, not the main, Once connected i see two vaults. One is our main replicated vault and the second is a vault that was created for the sole purpose of testing connections. It looks as follows

Name                              | Status                                         | Server

EPDM_Vault                Attached; Missing Information          epdmrt                  (the whole row is greyed out)

[  ] AnchorTest                   OK                                                epdmrt

I have tried to utilize the instructions from these two threads to no avail;

https://forum.solidworks.com/message/154536#154536

https://forum.solidworks.com/thread/36937

I have also tried re-installing and running the Repair Mode of the installation.

Is there a step i'm missing? Surely there has to be, i cannot accept the fact that this is permanent.

Anyways, any help is greatly appreciated. I will answer any question to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks.

• Re: Attached; Missing Information. Cannot seem to track down my vault view.
          Benjamin Abshire

Steven,

I have experienced the same problem. If the suggestions in the threads you mentioned above don't work for me then I try this.

Start->Run->Cmd

C:\>cd EPDM_Vault

C:\EPDM_Vault\>attrib desktop.ini -r -h

C:\EPDM_Vault\>notepad.exe desktop.ini

[.ShellClassInfo]

CLSID={0BD8E793-D371-11D1-B0B5-0060972919D7}

[Conisio]

ViewID={A86D18CF-1881-4CF1-8CAC-DDB891F23FC4}

VaultID={324DD921-6929-4CFF-A36B-D5612E2590EF}

AttachedBy=<network>\<name>

AttachedFrom=Localhost:3030

Replace the text in AttachedBy with your name.

You could also try deleting the desktop.ini file and rename the folder it to something else. Then try adding a new vault view again.

• Re: Attached; Missing Information. Cannot seem to track down my vault view.
              Steven Pybus

Benjamin Abshire wrote:

You could also try deleting the desktop.ini file and rename the folder it to something else. Then try adding a new vault view again.

Well, I figured out why I could neither add a new vault or view the current. Apparently I sent my vault view to the Recycle Bin.

After seeing your post i tried the command instructions and could not find the EPDM_Vault drive. So I see your second instructions about deleting the desktop.ini file. I run Ultra File Search for desktop.ini on drives C:, D:, and E: (all local drives). and noticed two search results among the +30 results. There were two that had the "Blueberry" icon that is, ePDM. One was for the AnchorTest desktop.ini file. The second was for EPDM_Vault. I looked at the file path of said file and notice it's in the Recycle Bin. I totally Facepalmed in shame.

Anyways, i recovered the vault from the recycle bin and all is well.....

Thank you very much!! Marking you as Correct Answer because if you hadn't mentioned the desktop.ini file it would have taken me a whole lot longer to discover my fault.