5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2015 2:46 AM by Eric Borst

Auto Insert all configurations Once

Keith Fiebig

How can you insert a .sldprt file into an Assembly and have it insert (1) instance for each configuration automatically?

• Re: Auto Insert all configurations Once
          Artem Taturevych

Do you want to insert the component as usual but have some functions to add new instances? Or the code should insert original component with the instances together?

You may need to listen for DAssemblyDocEvents_AddItemNotifyEventHandler notification and then add new components with AssemblyDoc::AddComponent5/AssemblyDoc::AddComponents for every configuration except current one: Component2::ReferencedConfiguration/ModelDoc2::GetConfigurationNames. I will create a sample soon.

Regards,

Artem Taturevych

Application Engineer at Intercad

http://intercad.com.au/

Tel: +61 2 9454 4444

• Re: Auto Insert all configurations Once
            Keith Fiebig

I don't need anything specific other than inserting all configurations at least once. They all could be stacked on top of 0,0,0 for all that if matters. We use parts like 80/20 extrusion and say the part number is 810000. Our MRP system uses the configuration name to kick out a cut length for routing to the shop. So the shop sees 810000 %%C01%% and the routing has the length. The configuration name to SW users is 810000-10.125 listing its overall length. The easiest way to import the option codes in MSACCESSis to import an Assmebly and it automatically creates option codes within the partnumber. That way you could order a specific length without actually modeling anything.

I created 5 various parts today and my eyes are buggin out for changing descriptions and partnumber to be OBS and adding alternate replacement numbers. I changed about 1500 parts todays the data entry tomorrow is gonna be a pain in the butt.

Thanks if you can get it.