3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2013 5:47 PM by Jim Wilkinson

New part GUI

Duane Brantley

Hello everyone,

The company I work for pushes out WIndows updates once a month.  One of these udpates upset my installation of SW Premium 2011 X64 SP 4.0 such that every time I started the program, I'd get an error.  The SW network guy could 'see' the problem and decided to uninstall and reinstall it.  In the process, a back-up of the SW system setting wasn't done.  Now, when I start a new part I get this in the Sketch tab:

GUI1.jpg

When it used to look like this:

swcmdbar.jpg

Neither of us can figure out how to get it to look the way it did, so I though I'd consult the community for suggestions.

Thanks for your time,

Duane

• Re: New part GUI
          Alin Vargatu

Tools menu/Customize/Reset to Defaults

Reset.jpg

• Re: New part GUI
            Jim Wilkinson

Hi Duane,

It appears that all of the definitions of the flyout toolbar buttons are missing from the registry. Notice that all of the buttons that have a little arrow next to them in both the menu bar and the CommandManager are missing in your top picture, but they are there in the bottom picture. The only exceptions are the Select and Quick Snaps flyouts which are different kinds of flyouts and not defined in the registry. Also notice that the Heads-Up View toolbar is missing from the graphics area. This also points to something being wrong with your registry definition. So, very likely there are many problems with your registry settings relating to SolidWorks (if not other applications too). If you don't have a backup of your SolidWorks related registry settings to restore, the best thing to do is probably have it reset the registry completely. You can manually go to the registry editor and rename the SolidWorks 2011 registry entry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/SolidWorks to some other name (like "SolidWorks 2011 old" something) and then startup SolidWorks and it should recreate it all since it won't find an existing one for the release.

I hope this helps,

Jim