3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2013 2:47 AM by David Stone

Line Font of Body

David Stone

In an assembly, I can select a component line font.  Is there a way to achieve the same effect for a body within a multi-body part (apart from selecting all the visible edges of the body).  I have a fairly complex part (i.e. a lot of visible edges) which I have added to a configuration of another part for use on a drawing.  The added part is basically for reference of relative positioning  for manufacture/assembly.  I need several views so selecting all edges in all views, whilst do-able, is a PITA.

Thanks

• Re: Line Font of Body
          Glenn Schroeder

I don't think there is any way to do that.  The ability to RMB on a body and choose "Component Line Font" similar to the present functionality for parts would make a nice enhancement request.

Jerry Steiger

David,

I think that there is an alternate position view that you might be able to use. It lays one view on top of another.

Jerry S.

David Stone

Hi Jerry

Good shout but alternate position view doesn't work for parts, only assemblies.  But based on your suggestion, I tried overlaying and aligning two separate views by origin (vertically and horizontally).  One view with everything in one line font (phantom) and the other with solid line font.  I think this would work, but for some reason the alignment is off (even though I've double-checked it in the part).

Find one workaround and create a new problem!!!

Thanks for the input.