AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sink lines on extrusions? PhotoView360 SW2013 SP1.0

Question asked by Greg Tabberer on Jan 28, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 1, 2013 by Dwight Livingston

Hi all,

Since upgrading to SW2013 I have had some rendering issues in PhotoView 360. When I render an extruded profile, say a box section which has a flat external surface with webs attaching to the internal face of the profile, PV360 has introduced unwanted sink lines. These are showing as shadowy lines along the flat face (see picture attached).

sink lines on extrusion.JPG

Initially, when only one web was present, I thought that this was something being picked up in the background scene which didn't used to be picked up in 2012 and so ignored them to start with. But in this quick render I have added extra internal webs which has further highlighted the problem.

As I am doing renders for marketing material and I work for a PVC extrusions company these sink lines are completely unwanted as they do not appear on the final product - our extrusion tolerances on these seen surfaces are specifically high to avoid this happening on the final product.

I have looked through all the options I can find for PV360 but cannot find anything that I would relate to this as an issue. NB caustics and bloom are turned off, and the surface is flat when in standard SW2013 view.

If someone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, Greg

Outcomes