3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2013 11:56 AM by Jared Conway

Help needed please

Chin Leng Goh

Dear all,

I have start my solidwork simulation but i keep getting the error or mesh generation abnormally. may i know what i can do to help?

I am following this link : http://grabcad.com/questions/tutorial-how-to-do-a-flow-simulation-to-a-rotating-propeller

guide to do my simulation.

Thank you

• Re: Help needed please
          Jared Conway

did you complete the tutorial from grabcad to make sure the software is working properly on your computer? (known outcome)

have you checked out: https://forum.solidworks.com/thread/57629?tstart=0, there are some general suggestions on troubleshooting the problem.

from your screenshot it looks like to me that you don't have a valid application for a rotating region. i'd suggest double checking the technical reference about what is allowed and what isn't allowed.

if you describe your application it might be possible to provide some guidance on setup and/or confirm whether it is possible to perform the analysis with Flow Simulation.

Chin Leng Goh

Hi jared,

thank you for your reply.

i am trying to do a simulation where the rod will be rotating and i want to know how is the fluid (water) react to the rod.

is it something like a rotating vessel bioreactor simulation.

Jared Conway

Hi Chin, unfortunately that isn't going to work in Flow Simulation. You can try moving walls but a local rotating region won't work for that application. Depending on the application you might be able to get away with a global rotating region but I think that would be a stretch.

The basic reason that it breaks the assumptions that are outlined in the technical reference. Essentially rotating regions need to be something that is axisymmetric.

Take a look at the rotation section in the technical reference and also the solvingengineering problems doc.

C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp 2013\SolidWorks Flow Simulation\lang\english\Docs

There are also a couple of good articles in the SolidWorks KB on this topic that you might want to check out.