5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2006 6:38 AM by

Sketch Values or Properties

Thanks for you reply. We may win at this yet.
      Adding a text notation to the dimension properties does not seem to carry forward to the part.
      What I have noticed though is that the sketch name in the sldflp part does carry forward. Is there any way to access the sketch name and code it into the file properties which will show up in my bill of materials.
      This did not work for me but this shows what I am thinking of.
      In the value/expression entry box in file properties I entered
      "profile@StructuralMember1" Here StructualMember1 is the name of the weldment and profile is the name of the sketch which carried forward from the sldflp sketch. If I could access something like this it would work.
        • Sketch Values or Properties
          HTH,
          Other possible solutions; Design Binder or Comments.
          Eddie
            I use the dimension names to create talking names and sometimes as a reminder or a clue in case if someone else is working in the project (something like'Delete this and confine to...') This method is useful of course when the actual dimension is not linked and/or driven from a DT.
            John

on 2006 20 14:22 Eddie Cyganik wrote:
            > HTH,
            > Other possible solutions; Design Binder or Comments.
            > Eddie
              will inserting an annotation work? or adding text to a dimension?

on 2006 20 03:38 redeye wrote:
              > A sketch can contain dimesion properties which are numerical. I need to attach
              > or insert a text property to or into a sketch. Is this possible? I have tried
              > everything that I can think of. Any help received would be appreciated.
              > I minght mention that the file properties of the sketch will not serve my
              > need.
              > The sketch will define a profile in a library feature used to create a
              > weldment.
                I am needing to do something very similar to this. I have posted a request in the API section. A solution would be very helpful. Really, all that should be necessary is a simple formula addressing the sketch name and inserting it into the file properties.
                  A sketch can contain dimesion properties which are numerical. I need to attach or insert a text property to or into a sketch. Is this possible? I have tried everything that I can think of. Any help received would be appreciated.
                  I minght mention that the file properties of the sketch will not serve my need.
                  The sketch will define a profile in a library feature used to create a weldment.