10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2013 10:41 AM by Benoit Tessier

SolidWorks 2013 Wacom Tablet problem

Benoit Tessier

Hi,

I have a Wacom tablet. I use it with SolidWorks 2012. I upgrade to 2013 and now I have a little problem. Normaly when you hold the pen on the tablet it act as a right click. This is what happen with 2012. Since I upgrade to 2013 this is no longer working! This works on every other program I have on my computer but SolidWorks 2013, so this is not a tablet issue but a behavior or setups that is different in 2013. I went over all the menus and can't find a solution. If anyone have an Idea, please let me know.

Thank you

• Re: SolidWorks 2013 Wacom Tablet problem
          Chin-loo Lama

Hi Benoit,

I have confirmed this issue on my Wacom Cintiq. It does look like an issue with the settings in SW. Would you please submit a service request on this point so that it can be tracked and you will be notified when it is addressed. We will look into this issue. For now, hopefully you can continue to operate using the upper portion of the side button on the Wacom stylus. It should be pre-programmed to be the Right Mouse button already for SolidWorks.

Thanks,

Chinloo

Benoit Tessier

Hi,

I have reported the issue to our VAR. They have open a service ticket. Hopefully this would not be long, because this is very annoying at the moment.

Thank you and have a ncie day

Benoit Tessier

Hi,

I received the typical answer from my VAR. Wacom is not a supported product for SolidWorks and if you have issues call the tablet vendors!!!!

I'm very disapointed. I was expecting a better support, specialy that we pay big $$$ for this.

Anyway, if someone do care to resolve the issue at SolidWorks, please let me know.

Thank you

Anna Wood

Benoit,

I would send your VAR a link to this thread on the forum.  Be sure to point out to them that a SolidWorks employee at SolidWorks Headquarters in Boston has requested that a Service Request be submitted.

Insist that they setup a service request since SolidWorks Hq would like to look into the issue.

Regards,

Anna

Benoit Tessier

Good morning,

Just a follow up, any news on this from your end?

I see SP2.0 with not improvement on this particular issue. I understand there is more urgent issues to resolve I would imagine.

I use the tablet with my finger, but really, this is not optimal with SolidWorks.

Have a nice day

Benoit Tessier

Good evening,

I'm a little bit sad. I saw SP3.0 now available and I see no sign of correction from what I believe is a fundamental flaw in regard of the behavior of SolidWorks to the operating system. Please don't get me wrong. I don't believe I'm asking for a new features here. We are talking about what was working before and is still working on any other product running under Windows. I hope you have inside information you can share and can give me some hope. I'm using the tablet in touch mode, I'm getting used to it, but frankly, this is not why I went for a tablet and a Pen!.

Thank you and have a nice evening.

Chin-loo Lama

Hi Benoit,

You mentioned that your VAR opened a service ticket, if you can provide me the number, I can look into it. If they did not submit one, please do point to this thread as Anna has suggested and have them submit the request. This is not a Wacom issue. This issue may also potentially affect any touch enabled tablet running SolidWorks 2013 as well.

Thanks

Benoit Tessier

Hi,

The VAR has re-open the service ticket. See the information below.

Thank you very much.

Request #: 00015037
                                Product: SolidWorks (version 2013)
                                Subject: The Wacom tablet doesn't work properly after installing Solidworks 2013? Description:
                                -----------------------------------
                                The Wacom tablet doesn't work properly after installing Solidworks 2013?
                                GL
                                -----------------------------------

A request that is at level 3 is a request for which the supplier (usually SolidWorks) has been contacted. You should be contacted soon for a follow up.

Benoit Tessier

Good morning,

Just a quick update. I have install SP4 and the Wacom work like it used to be in SLW 2012.

Good news.

Thank you and have a nice day