1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 9, 2013 12:21 AM by Deepak Gupta

Solidworks DVD not recognized

Kirk Journy

I am attempting to install Solidworks 2012 on my computer, but the dvd player can't read the disc.

When I put the disc in the drive, it spins for a few seconds, then stops.

When I attempt to access it from my computer, the drive opens but shows an empty drive.

I tried the 64 bit dvd, and oddly enough it walked me through an install, but there is no trace of the program on my computer.

When I tested the 32 bit disc at my office, the office computer saw it easily.

I have Windows XP 32 bit, service pack 3

LG Internal/GH24 internal super multi DVD rewriter 24x set to region 1 (united states)

Intel i3-2100 CPU @ 3.16 Ghz

3.39 GB ram

I bought this program because I start a new job next week (yay rah!) and wanted to blow off some of the rust on my Solidworks skills.  Timely help would be greatly appreciated.

• Re: Solidworks DVD not recognized
          Deepak Gupta

First make sure you're installing 32 bit and not 64 bit as your OS is 32 bit.

Secondly try copying the data from the DVD on a flash drive (use your office computer or any computer that can read the DVD). And then copy the data from flash drive to your home computer HDD and install from there and check.