AnsweredAssumed Answered

Smart Fasteners Always Revert To "Out of Date" 2013-SP1

Question asked by Craig Hardman on Jan 8, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 15, 2013 by Craig Hardman

So here is my issue currently. I've got a few sub-assemblies that use smart fasteners, but not all of them have this problem.
The problem is that everytime I open the top-level assembly containing the sub-assembly with the smart fastners it shows the sub-assembly as having rebuild errors.
The rebuild error is thrown because it marks the smart fasteners "hole series has changed"
If I open the sub-assembly, the smart fastner feature oftens throw the same "hole series has changed." However it does not always show the rebuild error. Often the sub-assembly opens without error.

If the error is thrown I can right click the smart fastener and "Mark up to date."
If I then save the sub-assembly and then open the top-level assembly, the error returns. The error will return if the assembly is rebuilt for any reason as well.

The error shows up even is the "Auto update length" and "Auto size to hole diameter" are unchecked.
Some sub-assemblies that use the smart fasteners don't throw the error ever, some throw it every single time, and others are hit are hit and miss.

This is immensely frustrating as my top-level assembly throws countless errors at you on every single rebuild.
Is anyone else having this issue?
Does anyone know what causes this/how to prevent this?

This used to happen once in awhile using 2012, but not anywhere near the extent that it happens now that I'm running 2013, is it just a bug with 2013?

Thanks in advance.

Outcomes