5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2013 9:24 AM by Stephen Reed

EPDM Admin Image Problem

Stephen Reed

I am trying to create an admin image to deploy to several workstations. I've created the admin image but when I use it to install, it applies the license number I used when I downloaded from SolidWorks, not the license number for the machine.  Looking at the "hta" file in the image option editor, it has the correct license number and machine name but doesn't apply that to the machine I'm installing on.  I'm new to this, so it may be something simple but any help would be much appreciated.

If it matters, I'm trying to install SW2012 sp5 on a new workstation. The license(s) were previously installed on older workstations that are being replaced; they have SW2010 on them.

Thanks,

Steve

• Re: EPDM Admin Image Problem
          Brian Dalton

Can you clarify, Stephen?  You say it's an EPDM Admin Image Problem, but you're installing SolidWorks with it?

Bill Jones

Stephen,

In the Admin Image Option Editor there is the ability to control the install per machine.  So on the left hand view of the screen there is an empty list and it probably says global settings.  Right-click Global settings and Add Machine then type in the machine name.  Now you can configure the settings for that particular machine including using a different serial number.  You can do this for each machine as necessary. 

There is more information on this in the install guide.  Once you install any solidworks version it is located under C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp\SolidWorks <version>\lang\english\install_guide.pdf.  What you need to look up is on page 18 or 19 it helps walk you through the option editor and how to use it for multiple workstations.

The other option for you is to consider changing your license type from individual installs to a network license (I'm assuming you are using individual since the download serial is different from the others you are trying to install).  Network license would allow you to use one machine as a license server and you use the same serial on every machine.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you have any questions.

-Bill

Stephen Reed

Thanks all for the help. Looks like it is working now, have installed successfully on a half dozen machines.

Steve