2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2012 4:10 AM by Ravi Teja

Get File name & Path by ID

Greg Rupp

I have a rather large list of File IDs and I want to get the file name & path associated to it. Is there an easy way to do this with the report generator? My SQL skills are non-existant.

Even better would be a way to do it in a search card, but I could find a way to do that.

Thanks!

• Re: Get File name & Path by ID
          Raghavendra Bhagwan

Hello Greg,

I would suggest an alternative way, Which might be done using the Search tool itself.

1) Create a search column and add the file name, found in, ID variables and give permission.

2) Assign this column to the Complete Search card's search results3) Execute  the search for the whole vault and export the results to Excel and filter out what files you need based on the File ID.

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Raghav.

• Re: Get File name & Path by ID
            Ravi Teja

Hi Greg

Enter the IDs in Following Query and Check

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

select

Documents.Filename

,Project.Name AS FolderName

,Projects.Path

,Documents.DocumentID

FROM Documents INNER JOIN

DocumentsInProjects ON Documents.DocumentID = DocumentsInProjects.DocumentID INNER JOIN

Projects ON DocumentsInProjects.ProjectID = Projects.ProjectID

Where (Documents.DocumentID in (

--Enter IDs Here

'21'

,'22'

,'23'

))

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards

Ravi T