I often use multibody parts where I show, for example, several pieces of flat bar of different sizes attached to each other. I then use the hole wizard to put a hole in one body and a tapped hole in the body to which it is attached. I create the tapped hole by selecting the "select body" option in the hole wizard.
The problem I have is when I go to create a drawing from the multibody part. I usually create a view of the multibody part on sheet 1, then use the relative view command to draw the individual bodies on sheets 2, 3, 4 etc. What happens is that the thread may or may not show on drawing views of an individual body created in this way. Any of the following and probably more I can't think of now can happen.
1. A thread does not show in the view when I create it for the first time. If a thread is missing I close the drawing and re-open it and it appears. Other times I go to the model and suppress the hole wizard option that created the tapped hole and unsuppress it (then it appears)
2. Sometimes if the thread is there when I create the view I later print the drawing and the thread disappears.
3. Sometimes if the thread is there when I create the view I later re-open the drawing and the thread disappears.
4. A thread does not show in the view when I create it for the first time. I someimes delete the view and create a relative view selecting the opposite face as my front view.
5. A different problem but equally annoying is that sometimes threads from other bodies are shown on the drawing view even though I have created a drawing of a specific body. I have to manually select these and hide them
I have raised this with my local Solidworks providers but they have not been able to come up with a reason or a solution for the issue.
Is anyone else experiencing such problems? Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to solve the problems.
An example model is attached. If you have some time, try creating some relative views of the individual bodies with tapped holes and let me know if you have similar issues.