AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do you start your projects?

Question asked by Nico Van Gils on Dec 4, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 5, 2012 by Peter De Vlieger

Hi,

I'd like to do a little survey on how one starts best a project. (mostly an assembly)

This must be the first thing you should think of before designing anything. So probably a lot of folks struggle with this issue.

Even after taking the SW courses on assy's it is not very clear.

A few times I hit the wall with a design because it got bigger then I first intended to. Resulting in painfully slow working (click and wait 30sec)

Once over a certain point it becomes to difficult or even impossible to correct it and you better start over.

Some examples:

• Started of doing a small piping project for an chemical company and ended up with an as built plan of the whole factory. --> made some mistakes with choosing directly parts instead of working with different assy's = a lot of errors in references when changing or deleting an item, sloooow on opening the project (although better with speedpak)
  • Made al large sheetmetal part as multibody (±150 parts) = slow on everything you do on the part, almost impossible to delete a part.
  • Steel structure got a little bigger then the client first asked.

Maybe explain your method on the hand off an example in your own field of expertise.

Pointers on where to find more on this topic would be nice to.

Thanks

Nico

Outcomes