AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sheet Metal Edge-Flange Creation Question .....

Question asked by Stephan Davies on Dec 1, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 3, 2012 by Alan Stoldt

I have spent hours trying to figure out this one SMALL thing, reading blogs, reading the help and tutorials - and for the life of me I cannot figure this out - and yet I think this must be a common thing to do. Any assistance will save my life:

In Sheet metal, I am trying to create an Edge-Flange of a narrower length than from the edge it is taken from. In the tutorial it states:

-- Under Flange Parameters, click Edit Flange Profile to display the Profile Sketch dialog box.

-- Select the end points along the base flange (inside edge) and drag them towards the center as shown. Repositioning the end points removes the relation between the width of the base flange and the width of the edge flange. Click Smart Dimension  (Dimensions-Relations toolbar) and dimension the edge flange as shown. Click Finish.

Only, when I try to do that, I get an error when I try to “Edit Flange Profile” stating that “The Sketch is Invalid”. I see in the blogs other people get the same message, and get no answers.

A specific procedure I think is what we all need.

( The image below is a manual cutout. This creates other problems, but it does unfold. However, I am looking to "indent" the edge of the flange ( as shown ) using the sheet metal commands ).

Thank you for any response.

Edge Flange Wanna Be.gif

Outcomes