Is there any way to have associativity between Altium and SolidWorks?
So when the Electronics guys change their PCB outline and components, I can pull it into SolidWorks and my screw bosses (which have 'concentric' relations to their PCB holes) move with with it automatically?
Currently process is:
1. I create rough outline of a PCB in SW (which fits inside my plastic enclosure)
2. They use that STEP file to create a PCB in Altium, populate it with components, and send me a new STEP with components
3. I open the STEP file, it creates massive SW assembly.
4. I save that as a .sldprt file and insert it back into my top level assembly
5. I dimension things like plastic enclosure screw bosses to that part file file that started as a STEP from Altium.
6. When they change the PCB layout in Altium, then send me a new STEP, and I insert a brand new part file into my SW assembly, and lose all references.
7. Manually redefine screw bosses, ribs, etc around the new PCB design.
Takes a lot of time and is clumsy.
Does anyone have a better method?