1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 25, 2012 7:07 AM by Lars Christensen

How to return the menu bar and command manager, etc. to their original positions

hajime hajime

Hello, by mistake I used the mouse to drag the manu bar, commandmanger and other menus around. Is there any way to return them to their original positions as if SolidWorks were executed the first time? I exited SolidWorks and relaunched the program again. However, the program remembers the locations of those wrongly places menus. Thanks.

• Re: How to return the menu bar and command manager, etc. to their original positions
          Lars Christensen

Hi hajime,

I hope you are doing well.

You can go to Tools->Customize and at the bottom of the Toolbar tap there is a "Reset to default". That will take care of your toolbars. The Options tab has Resets for menu customization.

For your Command Manager flying in space, you will see 3 regtangular boxes when dragging it around. As you drag it, it will snap in place when your mouse cursor is above one of the boxes.

Only other way I know if getting everything back to day one will be to reset through the registry, but I am not sure if you want to go there unless you are familiar with editing the registry.

I hope you find this helpful.

Best regards,

Lars