4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2012 11:46 PM by Deepak Gupta

Draftsight activation

Jon Anders Osterud

Hello,

I have a customer who is having trouble with DraftSight. Everytime he launches it, DraftSight asks for activation. Even after activating, closing and starting right up again he must activate. I read that the activation info from Draftsight is written to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWActivation\K2. I double checked that this was a folder he had in his registry. He is not running from an admin user, but a normal user account. DraftSight is installed with admin access. User account control is turned on. Can any of these factors have anything to say? Or is the activation information not successfully sent? Anyone encountered similar problem before? Last thing I asked him to try now is to uninstall/reinstall to see if that fixes it.

Regards,

Jon Anders

• Re: Draftsight activation
          Deepak Gupta

Rename the key and activate the software once again. Now check. If this fails, then rename the key, uninstall the software and reinstall. Activate and check.

• Re: Draftsight activation
            Sean Trainor

I don't have a solution to this problem but I had the exact same issue. I kept submitting my email address, but whether it was Gmail, hotmail, or my work address I kept being prompted when I opened DS and never received an activation email. I uninstalled and reinstalled several times and eventually I got the email below:

Hello:

Thank you for your interest in DraftSight.

To complete the product activation process, please click here.

DraftSight. Your software. Your vision. Your community. We hope you enjoy the DraftSight experience.

Best Regards,
            The DraftSight Team

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL.

Basically what I'm saying is that until the customer receives an email like the one above, they haven't been activated and will keep being prompted. It just worked for me one day.