AnsweredAssumed Answered

excel workbook - design table issue (no immediate adjustment/rebuild)

Question asked by Stijn Chapelle on Nov 19, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 20, 2012 by Stijn Chapelle

Hi all,

I've made a part with the help of a designtable. In this table I refer to a cell in different workbook. When I change the value of the cell in the workbook and re-open the part, the value hasn't changed. It only changes when I edit the design-table (and have the other workbook still open).

for instance:

info.xlsx -> cell a1 = 50

part1, designtable with one dimension as variable -> D1@Sketch1 = [info.xlsx]Sheet1!a1

When I change the value of a1 into 100, D1@Sketch1 only becomes 100 AFTER I edited the design table of part1.

I don't have to do anything, just click edit (as long as the excel-workbook is still open)

Question:

Is there a possibilty where I can make  adjustments in a excel-workbook, open the corresponding part and have it changed without me editing the design table first?

to stay within my example, I'm asking the following:

info.xlsx -> cell a1 = 50

part1, designtable with one dimension as variable -> D1@Sketch1 = [info.xlsx]Sheet1!a1

When I change the value of a1 into 100, as soon as I open part1 (or assem1 with part1 in it) I would like to have D1@Sketch1 changed to 100, WITHOUT having to edit the design table first.

I hope my problem is clear..

regards,

Stijn Chapelle

Outcomes