7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2012 12:01 PM by Arlene Garfield

Mouse over Selection option bar

Arlene Garfield

Can I edit this little mouse over bar or turn it off?  is so how and where do I do this.  The issue is during selection it will pop up and on option is tangent or exterior surface.  In the parts I am working it is not uncommon for 90% of the part surfaces to be tangent. It is not uncommn because of lag in selecting surfaces, verse mouse clicking for one of the selection options to get clicked and them I have to wait for it to select all the tangent surface, just so I can say no, or have it select the surfaces, wipping out the surfaces I have already selected or just freezing up solidworks.

So I really need to turn this off or be able to pull the selection options I don't usually want.

• Re: Mouse over Selection option bar
          Glenn Schroeder

Arlene,

Welcome to the forum.  Can you explain a little bit more about what mouse over bar you mean, or better yet, post a screen shot?

Also, here is a discussion posted by the top contributor here that can be very helpful for people who aren't familiar with this forum.

Arlene Garfield

mouseover.jpg

That bar there, it gives different options depending on the command you are using.  But the surface one is the one cause me the most issues.  In fact I was waiting on another misclick just as you replied.

Glenn Schroeder

Arlene,

I'm not familiar with that bar.  Someone else may see this and recognize it.  What version of SW are you using?

Arlene Garfield

I am using 13 but it's been in the software for while now. If you have never seen it, that means it's turn offable.  It's a default, the bar apprears while doing something that requires selecting multi items.  Like in the above case I was selecting multi. surfaces to delete.  After you select a few it desides you may want to have solidworks batch select a bunch for you, it can be connect surfaces, tangent surfaces, all external surfaces, all internal surfaces, surfaces at same height, ect....options appear based on what command you are trying to do.

A commond that will have it turn up is fillet.  If you select a couple of similiar edges it will then give you a bunch of batched selection options, like all vertical edges.  This can be a really cool tool but as I stated it sucks when you don't want to use it and it gets clicked by accident becaused of selection vs click lag.  There are times were Solidworks will register a click on one of the options and the bar hasn't even apprear for me yet because I clicked just as it was popping up.

Arlene Garfield

Cool thanks all, I did know what name solidworks gave it and I was looking all over in the shortcut bar menu for it.  Now that I have a name and you linked me into the right discussion I learned you can't customize but at least now I know how to turn it off.  THANKS so much this has been cause problems for all of us here at work.