Job Title: Application Engineer
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Are you an enthusiastic, customer-focused, technical professional that is looking for a position with excitement and variety? Does a position where you will become an expert in the application of engineering and manufacturing software and technologies interest you? Due to our consistent growth in Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky, 3DVision is expanding our team of SolidWorks Application Engineers!
Description: The primary roll of the Application Engineer is to deliver compelling product presentations to prospects and customers, serve as primary technical liaison for assigned territory, provide technical product assistance to sales representatives in the development and closing of sales opportunities, and to train and provide technical support to customers.
- Specializes in understanding the SolidWorks product suite and providing recommendations for the best solutions to meet customer needs
- Utilizes mechanical CAD experience to deliver custom software demonstrations and CAD models for a diverse client base
- Provides technical support in person and via telephone
- Works with the customer and the sales team to support pre and post-sales efforts.
- Creates proposals and service contracts for products and services
- Provides technical training and consulting to customers
- Coordinates and executes the installation and service of solutions for customers
Skills & Abilities
- Understand engineering processes and terms
- Customer focused and team oriented
- Knowledge of Computer-Aided Design
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office
- Good understanding of computer networking and hardware
3DVision Application Support Engineers become experts by attaining the following SolidWorks certifications:
Certified SolidWorks Support Technician (CSWST), Certified SolidWorks Instructor (CSWI), Certified PDM Support Technician (CPDM), Certified SolidWorks Professional (CSWP), Certified SolidWorks Expert (CSWE), Certified 3DVia Composer Professional (C3DCP)
Minimum Experience: 2 to 5 years Mechanical Design, Manufacturing, or MCAD industry experience.
Education: BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- SolidWorks experience (1 to 5 years of full-time use)
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Windows 7, MS/Office products (operation, update, and installation procedures)
- Good understanding of Windows Server and general networking
- Strong problem solving skills – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, generates creative solutions, demonstrates attention to details
- Strives to continuously develop new skills, demonstrates ability to utilize appropriate resources to gain knowledge, shares expertise with others
- Strong customer service skills – manages difficult or emotional customer situations, resolves conflicts, responds promptly to customer requests
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – listens and gets clarification, writes clearly and informatively, edits work for spelling and grammar, demonstrates ability to interact with and instruct varying levels of end users
- Strong decision making skills – willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Strong time management skills – prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently
- Professionalism – approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure, accepts responsibility for own actions, follows through on commitments
- Experience with FEA, PDM, or Visual Basic a plus
3DVision Technologies is the area’s leading reseller for SolidWorks mechanical design software enjoying great stability and growth throughout our sixteen years. We are an innovative company that has demonstrated its ability to grow with the changing market. We have the largest support team in the Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana area. Our team enjoys working with the latest software and hardware technologies in a fast paced environment with a great company culture that promotes individual growth.
This position provides a competitive base salary, commensurate with experience. 3DVision also provides excellent benefits including healthcare, 401k retirement plan, and paid holidays and vacation.
For immediate consideration, Please apply at: TechCareers@3dvision.com
Visit our web site for product & corporate info: www.3dvision.com