If you are looking for an invigorating, high-tech and fast-paced environment with a small company feel, then Stirling Biopower, Inc. is the place for you! Apply today to join a world leader in renewable energy solutions!
A technical research center and low volume engine manufacturer seeks a Designer who will be responsible for conceptual design work utilizing Solidworks. Position will also do component modeling, detailing, and tolerance stack up investigations. Candidate should have strong background in designing complex component parts, with engine ideally. Work may include creation of previously non-existent products. Must have knowledge in GD&T and an Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience, and 3-5 years experience in mechanical design. Candidate must be detail oriented and take initiative.
- Advance engineering concepts and basic technical requirements such as aero, thermal, and physical properties data into functional product definition designs.
- Create definitions of parts, modules, and assemblies in the form of 2D cross sections, 3D models, tolerance stack-ups, and various electronic data formats to support analysis, manufacturing, assembly, tooling, and inspection.
- Create Computer Aided Design (CAD) models in a parametric model environment using SolidWorks “Assemblies and Components” functionality, as well as check, validate, and issue SolidWorks master models and associated drawings.
- Derive electronic data models for use in engineering analysis, manufacturing of tools, dies, molds, and gages, and drive quality inspections.
- Determine dimensional constraints and geometric tolerances required for proper clearances and fits while maximizing manufacturing capabilities.
- Support global outsourcing initiatives by preparing and sending work packages to low cost suppliers, including defining the work scope, estimating hours and due dates, monitoring progress, and serving as a technical resource through periodic communication with suppliers.
- Ensure all interface characteristics between components are established and agreed upon by Designers of mating parts.
- Concurrently manage multiple projects monitoring progress and quality and ensure schedule requirements are met.
- Associates Degree in Computer Aided Drafting and/or Mechanical Design.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in mechanical design utilizing solid modeling tools.
- Experience doing tolerance stack-up analysis and applied GD&T.
- Experience in engineering drawing checking practices and Change Notice creation.
- Working knowledge of common machining and manufacturing processes as they relate to design for manufacturability.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Organized self-starter with ability to keep multiple projects going simultaneously.
- Demonstrated proficiency in higher math, trigonometry, descriptive geometry, and statistics.
- 3-D Computer aided design (CAD) experience, preferably in SolidWorks.
- Ability to manage electronic data files in a structured database environment.
- Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerance as it relates to individual parts and overall assemblies (ANSI Y14.5)
- Web based knowledge, word processing, and electronic spreadsheet / presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage personnel, multiple projects, prioritize tasks and complete assignments within expected time frames.
Please contact Beth Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.