5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2013 12:11 PM by Ethan Kay

eDrawing Problem after SW Upgrade

Brian Thomas

I had Solidworks 2011 Pro installed, and along with it, eDrawings.  I upgraded to SW 2012.  After that, when I try to use eDrawings, it says it can't find my network license, and will run as the Free version.  How can I tell eDrawings where to find the SW license?

BT

• Re: eDrawing Problem after SW Upgrade
          Brian Thomas

Nobody?  Really?

BT

Brian Lund

You can disable the licence checking by going to Tools, Options, General and placing a check in the "Disable SolidWorks Network License" option.

I can't say if that is a fix or work around in your situation, but that is what we do to get rid of the pop-up message, when we run eDrawings on PC's that have SW installed (we run SW off a network license).

BL

Brian Thomas

Thanks, Brian.  Although this isn't the solution I was looking for, if I can't solve the problem this will at least keep me from constantly being reminded of it.  But I really just want eDrawing to recognize the license that I legitimately have, and operate accordingly.

BT

Brian Lund

We have been doing this for a few years since we went to network license.  If I remember right, it was our reseller tech support that suggested it, as opposed to telling me how to get eDrawings to see the license.

I agree that eDrawings should see the licensing, but maybe this is just non-priority bug in SW's view.

Good luck,

BL

Ethan Kay

You will need to uninstall E-drawings and re-install.  The option to connect to a license server only comes up durring the installation.  If you are installing from an image make sure the license server is referanced by that image or you won't even get the option there.

For Standalone you might need to uninstall the old version of E-drawings and modify the SolidWorks install and check the box to install edrawings that way rather than installing SolidWorks then installing E-drawings.

I find this very frustrating as well.