4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2012 9:51 AM by Klaus Falk Hansen

Constrain a connector

Klaus Falk Hansen

Is it possible to contain a connector when making e.g. a boundary surface?

It could be nice if it was possible to ad a vertical relation etc to a connector instead of making sketch entities for constraining the surfaces.

Best regards.

Klaus

• Re: Constrain a connector
          Charles Culp

I completely misread your question with my first post.

Yes, the connector end point will turn black when it is "constraint" to another object. This can be a sketched point, sketch entity endpoint, or an edge. Can you add a dimension in the boundary surface tool? No. For that you do need to create a sketch and add the dimension in that.

Klaus Falk Hansen

Hi Charles.

It is the connectors between two edges or sketches, etc that i wan't to constrain when creating a boundary surface or a loft.

Udklip.PNG

Charles Culp

Yes, sorry, hopefully you saw that I changed my post, I misread what you said.

SnappingContstraintCurve.png SnappingContstraintCurve-NoSnap.png

You can see the difference between these two images. One has a connector that is "snapped" to a point. It shows in that very dark blue color (I called it black above). A non-snapped connector is just the regular pink color. This will stay "constrained" to what it is attached to, in this case it is the corner point of the surface. This could also be a sketched point, end of a curve or a line, or anything else you can snap a sketch endpoint to.

Is there a way to add other constraints to this? No. You cannot add a dimension, either.