4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2013 3:52 PM by Glenn Schroeder

Saved Views & Configurations

Kevin Pymm

Hi,

Is it possible to add a saved view to either a configuration or a display state?

I have an assenbly with two configurations of a  flexible circuit, one flat & one bent. I would like to add a saved view to each configuration, so when I switch them the flexible is viewed in it's best position. At the moment when I switch the assembly jumps to drastically different positions with terrible light & viewing position,

I have tried many combinations of display states, saved views & configs but nothing seems to retain the views of the assembly I want.

Cheers,

Kevin

• Re: Saved Views & Configurations
          Deepak Gupta

The saved view should work irrespective of the configuration. BTW how exactly you mean saved view? View Orientation or Photoview scene.

Kevin Pymm

Deepak,

By saved view I mean I have added two new views in the view orientation window (selected by space bar), by clicking on "New View" button. The views are not saved to Solidworks. I have no issue with saved views showing up in configurations. My issue is that when I switch configurations I have to manually select the saved view to get the assembly to show the way I want to. What I was asking, is there a way to automatically select a saved view to display when I switch configurations?

Cheers,

Kevin

Michael Dewey

Bump.

I would like to achieve the same thing, I think.

What I am trying to achieve:  An isometric view of end #1 of a round bar that is the 1st configuration,  then an isometric view of the opposite end of the bar that is the 2nd configuration.  (different features suppressed/unsuppressed for each config.)

Any input is greatly appreciated.  Sorry for the thread revival.

Glenn Schroeder

Michael,

Saved Views created in models are independent of configurations.  You will probably need to create two saved views, one for each angle that you want, then when you get to your drawing you select which configuration and which saved view you want for each drawing view in the drawing view's PropertyManager.