4 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2013 8:36 PM by Rick McDonald

Cosmetic thread display in assemblies ( 2013 )

Greg Hynd

Hi,

I belive in 2013 you can hide the cosmetic tthread display in assemblies. I cant seem to find this option now. See attached picture.

• Re: Cosmetic thread display in assemblies ( 2013 )
          Rick McDonald

We have been trying to turn off the display of cosmetic threads in our assemblies.

We want them to be visable in the individual parts but not in the assemblies.

The way discribed above that Kevin suggested will not turn off the cosmetic thread display in the assemblies.

I have done as he indicated and I still see all my cosmetic threads on all parts.

The only way we have found to do it is to go to the View menu and select (activate) the "Hide All Types" command.

This will actually "Disable" all display items that show in the "Hide/Show Items" listing with the exception of the Grid, Decals and View Relations.

To restore them, De-select the "Hide All Types" command.

If this doesn't work for you because you want some of the view features displayed but no cosmetic threads then you must first go to the View menu (or the icons displayed at the top of the working area) and DE-Select the "All Annotations" icon (this will not turn off the cosmetic thread display at this time).

Then go to the View menu and select (activate) the "Hide All Types" command.

Now the cosmetic threads will disapear from the assembly view.

Then, if you undo the "Hide All Types" command, all the other features will become available again but the cosmetic threads will stay off.

To again restore the cosmetic threads you can re-enable the "All Annotations" from the view menu (or the icons displayed at the top of the working area).