AnsweredAssumed Answered

Part configurations within drawings issue

Question asked by Chris Stanley on Nov 1, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 22, 2015 by Eric Porter

Hi,

I'm having issues with parts with configurations within drawings.  My part file is driven by a design table in which I use both numerical and text custom properties to control the model.  My issue is that model does not update within the drawing views when specifying configurations within the drawing.  The configurations do update the custom property information such as the $PRPSHEET info I've enbedded into my template, but the onscreen model does not update.  It's stays in the last saved configuration of the part.  I know there is option in the properties of the drawing view for "Configuration Information" that says "Use model's "in-use" or last saved configuration" or "Use named configuration".  I'm using the latter.  I've had this issue with SolidWorks 2012 and 2013.  These are the only versions I've used so I'm not sure if this happens in all versions.  The part also has all the configurations rebuilt before saving.  Also, since the model doesn't update, the dimensions do not change.

I'm trying to create individual drawings for every configuration without having multiple part files.  Thanks for any help you can give me!

Outcomes