3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2012 8:37 PM by Matt Niemi

Blank Installation Manager?

Lyndia Wu

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install Solidworks 2012 and the installation manager is blank..

I've tried things such as resetting my browser settings and installing what's in the prereqs folder, but the problem persists. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks!

Lyndia

• Re: Blank Installation Manager?
          Matt Niemi

I'm having the same issue.  Trying to install the student SEK (2012-13) via download.  I open download file, it extracts it's files and then the installer appears and it's blank.  Then Firefox starts up several different windows with each with seperate elements of the page.  None of the buttons seem to have any effect.  Screen capture here.  To exit installer I have to kill it with task manager, the same thing happens if I click setup.exe in the extracted foulder.  Been looking for a solution for over an hour now with no sucess. 

Any help much appreciated,

Matt

Deepak Gupta

Welcome to SolidWorks forums Lyndia/Matt.

Check if this helps: http://www.javelin-tech.com/blog/2011/01/blank-im-solved/

You might also find this post helpful for your future reference.

Matt Niemi

Got it!  Thanks Deepak.  I'd looked at that before but didn't have any luck adjusting the Firefox settings or finding the update they mention.  I normally use Firefox and had uninstalled Internet Explorer a while ago. 

To solve the problem I reinstalled IE9, set it to the default browser, and reset the IE options to default (option at the bottom of the Advanced tab).  Now the installer loads normally and all buttons work.  I'll reset Firefox to the default browser after I finish the install.  Hope that works for you too Lyndia.

Matt