5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2006 3:11 PM by

IGES to SolidWorks

Here, these files converted with Pro/DESKTOP,...
        • IGES to SolidWorks
          BTW, it has to be noted!!!!
          It's very sad knowing it takes another program (which is not being used in todays market, another sad story) that can EASILY import and export thess files!

• IGES to SolidWorks
            I am sorry John......
            That file is from my client. I don`t what is the software that created that file.
            I am didn`t ask my client yet.

BTW, could you give me some IGES file that produced by Pro-e or UGII ?
            I will try it.....then inform you the result.

Thank`s
            • IGES to SolidWorks
              Any body can give me experience about convert iges to solidworks ?
              I have some iges file. Some file convert correctly another one solidworks just import the sketch not 3d model.

Try import these two files, please.
              Give suggestion and comment.

Regards,,,,,,,
              John
              • IGES to SolidWorks
                They look like skeleton files form Pro-E. According to Solidworks, the files didn't contain any surface data. I'd start by checking your export source. What program generated the iges files?
                John
                • IGES to SolidWorks
                  The files where created in Catia V5 r16. You can tell this by opening the IGES file in Notepad or Wordpad. IGES and STEP files are just ascii text files that run through the appropriate translators. See the first view lines of the file below.

START RECORD GO HERE. S 1
                  1H,,1H;,20HCNEXT - IGES PRODUCT,19H61725_D40D0_NP_.igs,44HIBM CATIA IGESG 1
                  - CATIA Version 5 Release 16 ,27HCATIA Version 5 Release 16 ,32,75,6, G 2
                  75,15,5HPart2,1.0,2,2HMM,1000,1.0,15H20060814.193444,0.001,10000.0,12HhaG 3

The output for iges and step translation success is very dependent on the setting your customer used when translating the file. I would see if they can send step files instead.

Regards,

Anna Wood
                  SW06 SP5 x64, WinXP x64
                  Dell Precision 380, Pentium D940, 4 Gigs RAM, FX3450
                  WD Raptors, 1 Gb network connection
                  www.auerprecision.com

on 2006 19 18:29 John F. wrote:
                  > I am sorry John......
                  > That file is from my client. I don`t what is the software that created that file.
                  > I am didn`t ask my client yet.
                  >
                  > BTW, could you give me some IGES file that produced by Pro-e or UGII ?
                  > I will try it.....then inform you the result.
                  >
                  > Thank`s