4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2012 5:59 PM by Andrew Brown

Ctrl+V not working

Andrew Brown

So what's the deal with Ctrl+V doing absolutely nothing in SW 2012?  It's incredibly annoying to not be able to copy/paste numbers within SolidWorks.

I can copy text from SolidWorks and paste it in "Notepad" but I cannot copy FROM SolidWorks TO SolidWorks, or FROM Notepad TO SolidWorks.

As soon as I delete the SolidWorks keyboard shortcuts for copy (ctrl+c) and paste (ctrl+v), everything works perfectly.

• Re: Ctrl+V not working
          Anna Wood

In what specific area of SolidWorks is this not working?  I use it all the time on drawings and hole charts in SW2012.

Cheers,

Anna

Andrew Brown

It wasn't working for copying and pasting text/numbers such as line lengths, angles, etc.

Once I shut off SolidWorks' own shortcuts for them, it started working again.

Most days, I wish I could go back to the 2006/2007 versions, before they added so many annoying new "features"

Dean Dickemore

Andrew,

If I may ring in on this, there is some odd behavior at times with a windows gadget called "Clipboard Manager".  Very handy tool as it preserves data on the clipboard even between workstation shutdowns and reboots.  However it does cause issues at times when attempting to copy/paste with SolidWorks, especially if a partial image may be in the list.  Just thought I would mention this should you be using this particular free utility also.

Cheers,

Dean D.

<><

Andrew Brown

Good call Dean!

While I don't use any 3rd-party clipboard programs, I did notice that the Microsoft Office EULA would pop-up every time I launched SolidWorks.  After doing the quick registry change to disable the Office Clipboard toolbar, SolidWorks seems to be able to cut and paste without issue.