YSWUG Meeting Reminder
Our next Users Group meeting is coming up in four short weeks on Thursday, November 15th at the usual first floor meeting room of the Oxford Suites in Yakima between 6 and 8pm. Pizza with chips and pop for dinner.
Please confirm that you will be attending by responding to this email (if you have not done so yet).
This meeting will be sponsored by the Rapid Group for "Quick Turn Metal Prototypes, 24 Hour Quotes • 48 Hour Expedites • 1-2 Week Standard Ship • ITAR Registered". The Rapid Group will be providing raffle prizes for our meeting.
- Dinner, pizza, chips and pop
- Introductions and news (6pm)
- Presentations start at about 6:15pm
- "How to Build a Super Model – Using Surfacing Tools to enhance Solid Bodies", resulting in simplifying the design process. By Adam Smith, Mechanical Engineer at Product Creation Studio of Seattle, and Palm Desert and longtime user of SolidWorks since 1995. You can learn more about Adam Smith via this website link. Adam will present by internet feed (GoToMeeting) from Palm Desert.
- Break (about 7:15 pm) Lee Janko, Regional Sales Manager for The Rapid Group will discuss "Rapid Sheet Metal, Rapid Machining and Rapid Wire & Cable prototype focus and capabilities" with a Q&A session during the break.
- "3D Sketching is easy" By Clem See, STEM Teacher at Toppenish School District and CSWE.
- Raffle Drawing (about 8pm) presenters get first choice!
- Raffle prizes include:
- $25 gift card for the Home Depot (RapidGroup)
- $25 gift card for Best Buy (RapidGroup)
- $25 gift cards for Exxon Mobil (RapidGroup)
- Insulated soft lunch boxes, hats, poker chips, SolidWorks backpack and more. Plus everyone gets a flashing LED SolidWorks “Lets Go Design” badge. The task masters say that these must be worn and flashing in order to be eligible for any prizes! I'll get these out this time.
I may also bring back my MakerBot 3D printer since I made modifications to it (discussed at our last meeting) that allows it to print much better.
Free giveaways will be available from SolidWorks partnered companies and include information and disks from:
Cad Sharp, Automating SolidWorks with the SolidWorks API, http://www.cadsharp.com/
Template Wizard, Quickly Create Templates for SolidWorks, http://solidworkstemplates.com/
A 2011/2012 educational version of SolidWorks for any student looking to enhance their studies
Thinking about future meetings, we need speakers to present on subjects that are “next on the list” from our topics survey from last winter. These topics include “Assemblies”, “Bills of Materials”, “Import/Export Healing 2D to 3D” or anything else that interests you if you want to present.
Please visit our website for additional information and directions. Hope to see you all soon!
Chris Scarlett and the YSWUG team