Assuming you have an account, log in and go to https://swym.3ds.com/#community:1/iquestions
Or maybe this will help http://www.3ds.com/products/draftsight/resource-center/
Or you could try http://eng-tips.com/threadminder.cfm?pid=1480
... and I agree the Drafsight website is awful to navigate.
The community platform (aka swYm) may be intimidating at the beginning but it has tons of resources. The complexity comes from the fact that it is a platform - not just a forum – which connects all the communities owned by Dassault Systemes (i.e. DraftSight, CATIA, Simulia, n!Fuze, Life Building, just to list a few).
The home page is for DraftSight is: https://swym.3ds.com/#community:70
Here are a few links that will help you navigate very quickly to find what you need:
- Quick switch icon: https://swym.3ds.com/#community:70/iquestions:2154
- Search iQuestions: https://swym.3ds.com/#community:70/iquestions:887
- Attach a drawing file to iQuestion: https://swym.3ds.com/#community:70/iquestions:2465
You can read also read this post: https://swym.3ds.com/#post:6303. It explains it all and is very detailed.
But basically once you are on the DraftSight home page you will mostly use the iQuestions tab where you can post, read and answer iQuestions, and the Blog tab because it keeps you informed of everything new and provides training and technical support articles. Experienced CAD users are now able to publish technical articles to share their knowledge on the blog page, which is the whole idea of a community.
Regarding YouTube, I would suggest to go straight to the DraftSight Channel, where our training specialist, Mark Lyons, has gathered his tips and tricks videos and the recordings of all his webinars: http://www.youtube.com/user/DraftSight#g/u
You can always ask for our Support team’s help, DraftSight is a young product and we appreciate your feedback.
I'm afraid I can offer nothing but sympathy. I agree with Kelvin, I went there once and never went back.
Caroline, Thanks for all the links. I might take another stab at the website now. Admittedly, I'm not overly optimistic.
The SWYM is not fun to naviagate....there have been some improvements but its iQuestions format which is suppossed to be like a forum is no where near equivalent to what we have here.
- It's slow, although better than it was.
- Searching gives you no way to go back to your search result as it just has the search as you type format. At least here you get both, either select from the list that pops up or hit enter and get search results that you can back to.
- Sometimes the search stops working and you have to refresh the page.
- Can't find a way to filter search result by date, something from 3 years ago usually isn't relevant anymore. Again, because of no search results option.Less text format options.
- No sub-categories like "Spaces" here.
- Less customization options and harder to customize what you can.
- Can you have it email you on posts? Categories? I can't find it.
I don't know, I just find navigating the site cumbersome, some of it I just can't put my finger on as to why. The SWYM site looks like something custom made by Dassault. Why reinvent the wheel?