1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 5, 2012 9:55 AM by Ryan McVay

MS Indexing

Ryan McVay

I was curious as to how the performance of EPDM 2011 is affected when you turn on MS Indexing?

A little background first. We are bring all our corporate data into one system and we have decided on using EDPM as the "Single Source of Truth" for company data. The first group moving into our newly designed vault will be sales and marketing. I need the capability to search using keywords. Now it's funny but EPDM has a Keyword function but it only allows for a single word search...not very useful when you need to search using keywords like "jpg access door" It appears that EPDM is very, very limited in this area. I was told to use the comments area and search those areas as- you guessed it- a "work around." The problem with this is that it requires you to setup the Indexing in SQL. I'm not sure I'm ready to start using a secondary tool that is doing the job of something the primary tool should easily be able to do! Anyway, I'd like to hear real life stories of using Indexing with EPDM. What's the real story?

• Re: MS Indexing
          Ryan McVay

C'mon folks...It's been a couple of days and 51 views and no one is using MS Indexing for keyword searching? There's got to be someone out there that can share some information!

If anything I would expect SolidWork representative to be speaking to this topic.