4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2013 11:15 PM by Daniel McRae

"The file format of file ______ is not recognized"?

James Parish

I'm having some difficulty with SLDDRW files upon check in. I've been creating new drawing files with custom sheet format and sldprt, slddrw templates. When I go to check in the drawing for the first time, EPDM gives me the following error:

"The file format of file 'C:\__________\filename.SLDDRW' is not recognized. Do you want to check it in anyway?"

It checks in fine and enters the correct workflow for Solidworks drawings that I created. Occasionally, when I click on the new drawings to fast in Explorer, EPDM says "Error creating card interface. Cause: Type Mismatch."

Any ideas?

Thanks,

James

• Re: "The file format of file ______ is not recognized"?
          James Parish

This issue was resolved by deleting Custom Properties of type Date that were intentionally left blank. From my other thread

I contacted our VAR and we figured it out. The root of the problem was the Date variable type for the Custom Properties I included in all of my Sheet Formats. I had CheckedDate as type Date and I intentionally left it blank. There is a documented issue with Custom Properties of Date variable type left blank so the solution for me was to delete the CheckedDate line because it will populate later on in my workflow.

This issue was also the root of my check in errors as well.

Daniel McRae

I'm having similar errors. Where did you delete this - the property tab builder or somewhere else?

Thanks and regards,

Daniel

James Parish

I created a new blank SLDDRW with EACH of my sheet formats. In each one, from SolidWorks, I opened the Custom Properties dialog and found any mention of variables with type "DATE" and either deleted that line from Custom Properties, or changed the variable type to "Text".

I then saved each Sheet Format (SLDDRT) so these variables never appeared erroneously again.

Daniel McRae

Ah, found it. I have a custom property tab (having used the property tab builder) with the change date and drawn date as fields in part and assembly files as well as drawings. When something else on the property tab is changed and saved, these two are set as empty date fields in the configuration custom properties. We normally set these as text fields, which gets around this problem, but when you create a new configuration, the properties aren't set which gives this error on check in. Deleting the property our of the property tab should help with this. For drawings this is less of a problem for us, as the fields are automatically changed as it passes through the workflow.

Thank you!