Job Title: Application Support Engineer
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio or Indianapolis, Ohio
Description: Do you enjoy working with SolidWorks and other engineering software? Do you like helping others learn how to use SolidWorks? Would you enjoy the challenge of taking your 3D modeling and CAD skills to the next level?
3DVision Application Support Engineers are experts in SolidWorks products providing comprehensive technical support, training, and implementation.
The primary role of an Application Support Engineer is to provide product support to customers by:
- Managing technical support issues taken via phone, email, or web portal – Utilize your expertise in SolidWorks products to assist customers with challenges they face in production
- Follow up on Service Requests and Software Performance Reports generated through support cases
- Ensure that response time and customer satisfaction surveys meet goals
- Research solutions and create knowledge base articles
- Conduct assigned training classes – Train new students on SolidWorks products
- Make on-site customer visits
3DVision Application Support Engineers become experts by attaining the following SolidWorks certifications:
Certified SolidWorks Support Technician (CSWST), Certified SolidWorks Instructor (CSWI), Certified PDM Support Technician (CPDM), Certified SolidWorks Professional (CSWP), Certified SolidWorks Expert (CSWE), Certified 3DVia Composer Professional (C3DCP)
3DVision Technologies is the area’s leading reseller for SolidWorks mechanical design software enjoying great stability and growth throughout our sixteen years. We are an innovative company that has demonstrated its ability to grow with the changing market. We have the largest support team in the Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana area. Our team enjoys working with the latest software and hardware technologies in a fast paced environment with a great company culture that promotes individual growth.
Minimum Experience: 2 to 5 years Mechanical Design, Manufacturing, or MCAD industry experience.
Education: BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- SolidWorks experience (2 to 5 years of full-time use)
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Windows 7, MS/Office products (operation, update, and installation procedures)
- Good understanding of Windows Server and general networking
- Strong problem solving skills – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, generates creative solutions, demonstrates attention to details
- Strives to continuously develop new skills, demonstrates ability to utilize appropriate resources to gain knowledge, shares expertise with others
- Strong customer service skills – manages difficult or emotional customer situations, resolves conflicts, responds promptly to customer requests
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – listens and gets clarification, writes clearly and informatively, edits work for spelling and grammar, demonstrates ability to interact with and instruct varying levels of end users
- Strong decision making skills – willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Strong time management skills – prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently
- Professionalism – approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure, accepts responsibility for own actions, follows through on commitments
- Experience with FEA, PDM, or Visual Basic a plus
This position provides a competitive base salary, commensurate with experience. 3DVision also provides excellent benefits including healthcare, 401k retirement plan, and paid holidays and vacation.
For immediate consideration, Please apply at: TechCareers@3dvision.com
Visit our web site for product & corporate info: www.3dvision.com