3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2012 8:55 PM by Richard Gergely

Video Card Drivers

Kevin Miller

Anyone know if I am using the correct drivers.

SolidWorks RX shows a different driver than Device Manager and HP Performance Adviser.

The driver installed was downloaded from SolidWorks.

Not having any isues just wandering why the driver versions are not the same.

Computer: HP Z400

Video Card: ATI FirePro V5800

Capture 1 SolidWorks RX.JPGCapture 2 Device Manager.JPGCapture 3 HP Performance Advisor.JPG

• Re: Video Card Drivers
          Richard Gergely

Are you running the catalyst control center? If not I would. You can select which version of drivers you want when you download it from AMD.

You can remove the graphics card drivers and windows should still boot up and just download the catalyst control center with the driver version you want from AMD.

Worth noting there will be probably newer drivers available which may well possibly run SW better.

Kevin Miller

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I do have catalyst control center and it is showing the same driver loaded that I downloaded from SolidWorks. There is newer drivers from AMD but was not sure if they we better than the ones from SolidWorks web site. Just wandering why SolidWorks RX tells me the drivers I am using has not been tested even thou I downloaded the drivers it told me to. Dont really want to make any changes unless I have issues. Right now everthing is fine. Had problems before but found out is was because I was not using Areo Themes in Win7.

Richard Gergely

I wouldn't worry then. If the catalyst control center shows the same driver. Like you say if the drivers work fine what's the point of changing them especially when they are recommended.

I think AMD list somewhere what has been updated in new drivers I suppose you could check that out if you were really bothered.