2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2012 8:01 AM by Antony Jude Franco

Query in detailing

Antony Jude Franco

hi all

While drafting an assembly, which consists of two sub-assemblies, in the 1st sheet I’m placing the main assembly with its file properties in the title block (part no, dwg no etc. ), the rest of the sheets contain sub-assy and parts and I want the same title block (part no, dwg no etc. ) should be through all my dwg sheets irrespective of the sub-assy and parts in it even though the sub-assy have different file properties and I can’t link the file properties in the rest of the sheets which don’t actually contain the main assembly. Should I manually edit the title block or else any option for linking the file properties of main assy to all the sheets?

regards

anthony

• Re: Query in detailing
          Jerry Steiger

Anthony,

The only way I can think of to have the title block the same on all of the sheets and tied to the main assembly would be to have the main assembly in each sheet. It can be hidden or the view can be off of the sheet. This may not make any sense, though, if your assembly is large.

Jerry Steiger

• Re: Query in detailing
              Antony Jude Franco

Steiger,

Thanks for your answer.

But we can do that by right click on the sheet --> Properties --> in "Use custom property values from model shown in" drop down list box (left bottom) we can choose the main assy dwg view and it will link to that file properties by itself.

Anthony