3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2012 10:37 AM by George Maddever

Config table in drawing

George Maddever

Okay, so this should be a real simple one, but it's not.

Let's say I have a circular part that's a simple revolve (see attached). Now the diameter is driven by one dimension, and from this and the profile shape we have an edge of a different diameter (shown as the driven dimension "Upper Diameter" in the profile sketch).

What I'd like to do is have a drawing of this part on a drawing sheet and a simple table listing the calculated circumference of this upper diameter for each configuration listed beside it in the drawing.

For example:

ConfigUpper Circumference
      01 200mm1038.96
      02 300mm1353.12
      03 400mm1667.28
      04 522.6mm2042.44

This is a simplified example and I'd like to have a number of derived dimensions for each config. How is the best way to do that? Can these driven dimensions be driven into a column in the design table and then the design table shown on the drawing? This just means I can do one drawing for multiple configurations of the part without having to duplicate a drawing view for each config.

I know I can fudge it and just show manually-calculated numbers, and I'm happy to do that, but I was wondering if there was a way this table could be driven from the part geometry so it was dynamically linked and part changes would show up in the drawing.

Thanks in advance,

George.