Cree is leading the LED Lighting Revolution! We are a $1 billion+ semiconductor manufacturing company committed making energy-wasting traditional lighting technologies obsolete through the use of energy-efficient LED lighting. We are a market-leading innovator of lighting-class LEDs, LED lighting, and semiconductor products for power and radio-frequency (RF) applications. We currently have an opening for a Mechanical Design Engineer within our Lighting group in Morrisville, NC.
This individual will be a key part of the mechanical product development team and responsible for the mechanical design,engineering and introduction of a product based on a given Product Specification. This person must be able to work well with electrical engineers, test engineers and multifunctional development teams. A successful candidate would thrive under tight deadlines and rapidly changing development requirements.
Responsibilities would include CAD design using Solidworks, requesting quotations from vendors, kick-off tooling, supporting product builds internationally , creating Bill of Materials and performing mechanical design verification of prototypes. Day to day responsibilities would be a mix of all these and general support of product development initiatives set by management.
- BS Mechanical Engineering Degree or Industrial Design Degree
- 5+ years of 3D Solid Modeling experience preferably using Solidworks software.
- 5+ years of actual mechanical product development experience, not just theory or product management.
- Experience with plastic injection molding, diecast, extrusion, sheet metal tooling for electronic packaging
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel,Word and Project), general computer expertise
- Self Starter, capable of keeping up with a fast development pace
- Creative abilities to take a product specification and create a product from a blank slate
- Conceptual sketching or visual communication skills
- Skills utilizing photo rendering software such as Hypershot and Photoshop for presentations
- Hands on experience with creating prototypes for experimentation and testing
- 10 plus years direct product development experience
If interested please apply online or send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org