3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2006 4:38 PM by

VRML file from deformation results

In my experience, the solid body is not smooth.

Billal,
      SW 2006 Premium Sp 4.1
        • VRML file from deformation results
          Unfortunetly that doesn't work either. I have tried few different files. Sometimes you might get lucky and it opens the file as Solidbody.

Thank you,
            If you want to convert VRML into Solid body, in the import options dialog set "Import As" option to "Solid Body".

-Ram
            SolidWorks Corp

on 2006 26 13:38 Jamie74 wrote:
            > From an earlier post it was explained that results could be saved as a VRML file
            > and then brought back into solidworks. I have saved the file, but have had
            > difficulty getting the item into solidworks. I can get the graphical image to
            > translate, however, I can not get a solid or surface feature. I would attached
            > the VRML file, however, even ziped it exceeds the 500kb limit
            >
            >
            > perhaps a nice future feature in Cosmos could be to save deformed results files
            > as Parasolids or as seperate SW Parts.
              From an earlier post it was explained that results could be saved as a VRML file and then brought back into solidworks. I have saved the file, but have had difficulty getting the item into solidworks. I can get the graphical image to translate, however, I can not get a solid or surface feature. I would attached the VRML file, however, even ziped it exceeds the 500kb limit

perhaps a nice future feature in Cosmos could be to save deformed results files as Parasolids or as seperate SW Parts.