6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2012 9:34 PM by Qi Lu

Add menu items to ribbon?

Qi Lu

Hi,

Can I add menu items to ribbon or toolbar?

skg.jpg

For example, I frequently use “Detach segment on drag”. In order to access I need to press ALT+T and then move the mouse cursors to “Sketch SettingsDetach”, and after the operation I would repeat the process to turn it off. If the button can be put on ribbon or toolbar it would then save a lot of time.

Qi

• Re: Add menu items to ribbon?
          Alin Vargatu

You might be able to record a macro with that command and get that macro on a toolbar.

Jim Wilkinson

Hi Qi,

As Alin says, you can only add a button to the CommandManager (the name of the "ribbon in SolidWorks) or a toolbar by making a macro since there is no toolbar button for this command in SolidWorks. However, you can assign a direct keyboard shortcut to any menu item by going to Tools, Customize, Keyboard. Then you can just use one key to turn it on/off.

I hope this helps,

Jim

Qi Lu

Alin and Jim,

I got that, thanks.

Qi

Qi Lu

Jim,

Does this "User Interface" forum disables email notification? I have just joined the forum and have posted some threads in the sketch forum. There whenever someone replies I woudl then got an email notification, but I haven't seen the notification for either yours or Alin's answer, despite that I have already enabled email notification on the right side:

Or is it because that the whole SW forum temporarily experienced a downtime or else?

skg.jpg

Qi

Jim Wilkinson

Hi Qi,

This category doesn't work any differently than any other category, so I am not sure what might be happening. Make sure to check your spam folder/system as it could be grabbing some of the e-mails for some reason.

Thanks,

Jim

Qi Lu

Hi Jim,

I again missed the notification of your post but in "Sketching" and "Parts and Features" forum there is always instant notification. I also checked the Junk box but and there is certainly no email from Solidworks being filtered.

Don't why this happens. But I am just looking at "Your stuff" and it will show me which question has been updated, so I use it as a walkaround to the missing email notification.

Qi