3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2012 9:21 AM by Michael Fernando

2 directions surface

Luis Carlos

Hi guys. I have one question to make that a few probably made themself. I have a 2 direction surface. I wanto to know if there's a tool or a plugin where I can planify the surface to them cut in a mold? like in rhino with the squish plugin.

This is important for me to know if there's some way to make this planification with a tool.

Cheers

• Re: 2 directions surface
          Alin Vargatu

Only if you use an add-on like 3DQuickPress, LogoPress, BlankWorks...

Luis Carlos

Thanks for the quisk reply.

Does this plugins work for textile material? imagine that I want to make a tent?

Cheers

Michael Fernando

I use Logopress to create blanks for metal forming industry and haven't use it on textiles.

Following is from Logopress 3 website:

Logopress3™ BLANK functions allow the user to quickly and easily predict the theoretical blank of 3D formed parts.

The Finite Element Analysis advanced functions helps both at the quotation stage and in the die design process. It minimizes development time in the press. Beyond the Tool & Die Industry's needs, Logopress3™ BLANK can also be used to flatten various applications, such as: cloth, plastics, adhesives, leather, inflatable objects, packaging...

Native SolidWorks™ models as well as imported models can be used.